Green Tea is one of the most popular beverages among health-conscious people. Loaded with antioxidants, green tea has a lot of health benefits. While most people know about the benefits of drinking green tea, many don’t know that Green Tea is more than just a tasty drink.
In this piece, we decode 5 such lesser-known uses of Green Tea.
- Beneficial for Skin: Loaded with antioxidants & anti-inflammatory properties, Green Tea counters the effects of sun damage, pollution, chemicals & much more…Green tea can reduce dark circles, reduce skin irritation, and protects the skin cells from UV damage and can even prevent wrinkles and fine lines. It can also help fight acne.
- Reduces Odour: Right from the fridge, to your sock drawer, unused green tea bags can help the odours from your entire house. Put some green tea leaves in a small & thin cloth bag and place it where the odour is coming from. The tea leaves will absorb the odour.
- Improves Oral Health: As per a research study published by Preventive Medicine, drinking one cup of unsweetened green tea could improve teeth health. Green Tea is rich in catechins that lower the chance of losing your teeth if you consume at least 1 cup of green tea per day.
- Reduces Bleeding: If you get a cut or a wound, steep a green tea bag in hot water for a minute, let it cool and then apply it to the top of the wound. The tannins found in Green Tea shrink blood vessels and help to stop bleeding.
- Good for Hairs: Green tea is high on antioxidants, vitamins and catechins. Using green tea to rinse hair or even using shampoo & conditioners can be beneficial for your hair. The presence of Vitamin B (panthenol & Vitamin C (EGCG) helps in keeping hair healthy while the catechins help suppress dihydrotestosterone, which is primarily responsible for hair loss.
While Green Tea is beneficial, it is equally important to use good quality green tea leaves to get the best out of it, particularly when you are using them for these purposes. In case you are looking for which one to use,you can try out Hustlebush’s Himalayan Green Tea. Made 100% using whole leaf, and from the finest estates in India, the Himalayan Green Tea is available both in Loose Tea & Pyramid Tea Bag form at Hustlebush.