Made using the leaves of the Camellia Sinesis plant, Green tea has been enjoyed by people for thousands of years. Even today, Scientists are discovering the new health benefits of this healthy beverage. In case you are still wondering what the hype for green tea is all about, and whether you should have it or not, we are giving you 6 good reasons to add this healthy drink to your daily diet.
- Eases Bloating: With the combination of antioxidants and polyphenols, Green Tea significantly eases bloating. These stimulate metabolism and aid digestion. Drinking a cup of green tea regularly is a simple and beneficial way to prevent gastrointestinal disorders as well as lose weight.
- Good for Skin: It is a known fact that Drinking Green Tea is good for your health. But do you know, Green Tea is great when applied to your skin? Green tea is rich in antioxidants and nutrients, – and is used for skin care in a variety of ways. Thanks to its various skincare benefits, It is one of the active ingredients found in many cosmetics and skincare products, thanks to its multiple benefits on the skin. To get the most out of the loose tea or tea bags for your skin, you can try Hustlebush’s Himalayan Green Tea.
- Relieves stress: Apart from being a great source of vitamins and antioxidants, green tea is also rich in essential amino acids. Studies have found that the amino acid L-theanine and to a lesser extent arginine can help to diminish stress and anxiety. Green tea is one of the highest sources of L-theanine compared to any other food or beverage. Hence, when consumed regularly, green tea can significantly relieve stress.
- Boosts Metabolism: Green Tea is naturally rich in antioxidants. The catechins present in green tea help release the fat from fat cells and speeds up the liver's capacity for turning fat into energy. Studies have found that consuming green tea (without exercise) can help you burn an additional 75–100 calories per day, making it a great choice if you’re looking to boost your metabolism. This further can help you shed that extra fat, which precisely answers the question that Is Green Tea Good for Weight Loss?
- Curbs Cholesterol: Not all cholesterol is bad for you. While LDL cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular risk, HDL cholesterol can protect you against heart disease. The phytonutrients in green tea help keep the cholesterol levels in a healthy range by balancing LDL and HDL cholesterol levels.
- Contains Anti-Ageing Properties: Green tea is one of the best cures to reverse ageing. The natural antioxidants present in Green Tea help control wrinkles. When applied to the skin, green tea revitalizes it by increasing blood circulation and giving it a fresh and glowing appearance.
Green tea offers more than a delicious cup of aromatic tea. The health benefits it gives are great reasons to incorporate green tea into your diet. Having said that, to get the best results you should ensure that the green tea you are using is prepared using the best quality leaves.