A treasure from Himalayan Green Tops, the Himalayan Green Tea has some of the best endowments in nature. With a fresh & mellow flavour coupled with earthy & oral undertones, this tea refreshes both your mind & body. Low in caffeine and rich in antioxidants, the Himalayan Green Tea is filled with plenty of health benefits. Some of them are as follows-:
1) Supports Heart Health: Green Tea is loaded with polyphenols & catechins. These antioxidants improve blood circulation in the body and lower the risk of blood clots & heart attacks. Green Tea also lowers LDL cholesterol, which is linked to heart diseases. As per a study in Japan, people who drank Green Tea had up to 30 per cent lower risks of heart stroke.
2) Helps in Weight Loss: The most commonly associated benefit with Green Tea is its effectiveness in speeding up weight loss. The catechins present in Green Tea boost metabolism, increase energy levels & improves liver function. The high metabolism rate helps to burn the body fat faster.
3) Good for skin: We have already mentioned that Green tea contains polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidants that can heal various skin diseases and can also prevent skin ageing. The catechins in Green Tea also make the skin more resistant to UV Rays.
4) May prevent cancer: As per some studies, Green Tea also promotes anti-cancer properties. Green Tea contains Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This tea catechin fights free radicals, that can cause certain types of cancer. It is to be noted that Green tea is not an actual cancer treatment, but can only lower the risk of cancer. The research is still going on, but as per the studies Green Tea may prevent the growth of cancers such as prostate cancer, ovarian cancer & breast cancer.
5) Supports healthy blood sugar levels: Green tea is a very healthy drink, especially for diabetes patients. As per a research review by Diabetes & Metabolism journal, there exist potential benefits of tea for those suffering from diabetes and obesity. As per their research, people who drank at least 6 cups of green tea daily were 33 per cent less likely to develop type-2 diabetes as compared to those who drank less than a cup of green tea per week.
How to make the Himalayan Green Tea?
Like any other food or drink, the preparation part is the most important when making Himalayan Green Tea. Here’s how you can make it-:
Step 1: Heat 100–150 ml of water at 50 degrees
Step 2: Put your Hustlebush Himalayan Green Tea Bag in the cup.
Or if you are making tea using loose leaves, add 1.7 gms of Hustlebush Himalayan Green Tea Leaves to the cup.
Step 3: Add the heated water to the cup, then steep it for 2–3 minutes
Step 4: Remove the Tea Bag
That’s it. Your Fresh Himalayan Green Tea is then ready.
You can refrigerate for 3–4 hrs & then add ice cubes if you want an iced one. You can also use honey, lemon etc to the tea as per your taste to make it tastier.